All Geismars products are made in accordance to demands by OEKO-Tex Standard 100.
OEKO-Tex Standard 100 defines harmful substances that are banned or limited from OEKO-Tex products, such as:
- Heavy metals, pesticides, certain preservatives and given organic substances which can be released from foam in mattresses as well as other places – and that can significantly damage the nervous system as well as internal organs.
- Certain dyes that can cause allergies and cancer.
- Formaldehyde that can cause allergies and cancer.
- Nickel that can cause allergy.
- Phthalates (plasticizers) in baby and toddler articles, suspected of damaging fertility.
- pH scaling: products must neither prove too acidic nor too basic, as this can irritate the skin.
- For more information, go to www.okotex.dk
Geismars does not include merino wool in our collection.
The wool in our bed throws comes from Australia, straight from the first shearing of the lamb. This means that the produce is at its softest and highest quality. We use wool from the entire lamb.
The wool is then spun into double stranded yarn, used for finer woolen products, and woven into our quality bed throws.